As part of the global renovation process of the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, the México Selection by CMB presents its renewed design inspired by the recognition of the acronym CMB as a synonym of prestige and high organizational standards, which guarantee the rigorous awarding of a limited number of medals only to exceptional high quality products, among the most important wine and spirits competitions in the world.
The evolution led locally by the México Selection by CMB (a special national selection focused on a country) begins with the application of a new logo that facilitates the understanding and communication of the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles – CMB. The new iconic representation of the firm is also accompanied by the globally homogenized medal, only differentiated by its main focus:
- International wine competition organized in 4 sessions.
- Special selection focused on different grape varieties.
- Special national selection focused on a country.
- Special selection organized for specific products.
- Promotional activities.
The applications of the new image of the México Selection by CMB will be part of the 7th Edition of the Wine and Spirits Competition, to be held from November 15th to 17th, 2023, in Mérida, Yucatán.
This evolution, however, goes beyond the application of a logo. On the contrary, it reaffirms the CMB’s commitment to recognize the best wines and spirits from Mexico, offer a quality guide for consumers around the world and promote America’s wine heritage. It also represents the beginning of an era of brand consolidation in the trust of Mexican wine and spirits producers.
“Since its foundation, in 2017, the México Selection by CMB has always pursued a primary objective: to give consumers a guarantee of quality when they buy a medal-winning wine. We have never stopped professionalizing the tasting process with this objective”, details Baudouin Havaux, president of the CMB.
“Today, the México Selection by CMB is one of the greatest references in international wine and spirits competitions. To reach and maintain this level, we never stop investing and innovating, always guided by honesty, transparency and objectivity as fundamental values”.
The evolution of the México Selection by CMB also adds to the recent implementation of the first artificial intelligence project capable of integrating the tasting notes of each committee of judges to instantly present the analysis of each participating wine and spirit in the form of a wheel of aromas and spectrum of taste profile. A set of tools available on all CMB platforms globally to help consumers visualize the sensory expression of all evaluated products and facilitate their purchase choice.
Finally, the México Selection by CMB will take advantage of this evolution in its image to reaffirm the pillars and controls that differentiate it from its competitors:
- Obtaining a medal at the México Selection by CMB is an indicator of success for the producer and a guarantee of quality for the consumer. Each and every one of the awarded products passes the most rigorous evaluation processes.
- A México Selection by CMB medal is a commercial argument for distributors, a sales tool, a starting point to promote and communicate and, ultimately, a guarantee of quality for the final consumer.
- The México Selection by CMB is a competition monitored at all times by the European Commission and subject to daily inspection by the Federal Public Service for the Economy of the Belgian Government (SPF Economie).
- The organization of the México Selection by CMB guarantees each year the diversity of the judges who are members of the evaluation panel, always seeking to integrate a multidisciplinary team made up of wine experts, journalists, oenologists, sommeliers, buyers, distillers and representatives of the media, all dedicated to the world of wine and spirits.
- The absolute anonymity of the participating products is the fundamental principle of the México Selection by CMB. The tastings are carried out strictly blind and the judges never see the sample bottles before or during the tasting.
- Each taster or judge of the México Selection by CMB never tastes more than 50 samples per day, guaranteeing the correct sensory appreciation of each and every one of the participating products.
- A team of specialists, in Belgium and Mexico, verifies the wines and spirits received each year at the México Selection by CMB, as well as their official control documents. Samples that do not comply with the clauses of the regulation are rejected prior to the tasting sessions.
- The México Selection by CMB, like all its associated competitions at a global level, guarantees an exhaustive control of the winning products, which makes it possible to verify the conformity and representativeness of the samples presented in the competition.
- Periodically, the México Selection by CMB performs comparative analyzes on the winning samples and the products present on the market, always commissioning a COFRAC member laboratory for its objective and transparent execution.
- The México Selection by CMB differs from other wine and spirits competitions thanks to 4 quality controls:
– Statistical control of each and every one of the judges and tasters, in collaboration with the Institute of Statistics, Biostatistics and Actuarial Sciences of the Catholic University of Louvain (UCLouvain).
– Post-tasting monitoring system, to ensure that the winning products correspond to the market offer.
– Annual monitoring of samples carried out by the Federal Public Service for the Economy of the Government of Belgium (SPF Economie).
– Direct regulation of all the competitions associated with the CMB by the European Commission.
México Selection by Concours Mondial de Bruxelles
Press contacts :
Director México Selection by Concours Mondial de Bruxelles
+52 (1) 55 4577-2577